"This is a first-class physiotherapy service"

About: University Hospital Lewisham

I was referred to a physiotherapist because I had a problem with my knee. By the time I saw them, I had already seen a GP and an orthopaedic surgeon, but the physiotherapist was the first to identify - almost straight away - that my problem was neurological in origin. Her prompt action led to me being referred to a neurologist and diagnosed with a serious neurological condition. As a result, I am now able to start treatment that may slow down, or halt, any further deterioration in my mobility.

I am still having physiotherapy, and this is making a real difference to my symptoms. The supportive care I have received has also made it much easier - on an emotional level - to go through this shocking and scary experience.

This service is really wonderful and I want to extend a whole-hearted thank you.

Response from University Hospital Lewisham

Thank you for your feedback. We are really pleased that we were able to help get you to the right treatment during what must be a challenging time and that you are continuing to have a positive impact from your Physiotherapy. We wish you the very best with your ongoing treatment and for the future.

Duncan Stamp Lead Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist University Hospital Lewisham Lewisham & Greenwich NHS Trust