"Sprained ankle requiring XRays"

About: Abingdon Community Hospital

I would like to thank the nurses who looked after me yesterday.

I was pleased to see that the waiting time was only over one hour. In Oxford, one can easily tripple that figure...

I was being dealt with, efficiently and professionally. I even received some smiles, which is always appreciated in those circumstances

The only place for improvement would be the ladies/gentlemen toilet in the waiting room...

Response from Abingdon Community Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment with regards to the service you received at Abingdon Hospital. I will share your feedback with the relevant manager for the service and also the Trust estates and facilities team with regards to the toilet. Please do not hesitate to contact PALS either via telephone 0800 328 7971 or email PALS@oxfordhealth.nhs.uk should you wish to discuss anything in more detail.

Response from Sarah Woods, PALS officer, Complaints & PALS Team, Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment with regards to the service you received at Abingdon Hospital. I will share your feedback with the relevant manager for the service and also the Trust's estates and facilities team with regards to the toilet. Please do not hesitate to contact PALS either via telephone 0800 328 7971 or email PALS@oxfordhealth.nhs.uk should you wish to discuss anything in more detail.

Response from Mandy Mckendry, Patient Experience and involvement lead, Community, Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust

I do hope your ankle is feeling better and many thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback in regards to your visit. It is always helpful to hear what is working well but also about what we can do better. Following other responses in regard to waiting times in the Minor Injuries Units across Oxfordshire the service are making waiting times available via Twitter. Whilst not all people will be able to use Twitter it is one small step to improving communications so that people are informed about the service and waiting times. We are exploring other ways to help with this. Mandy. Patient Experience and Involvement Lead.

Response from John Daniels, Modern Matron & Clinical Development Lead for Urgent Care, Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust

It's great to hear about your positive experience with our clinicians and I hope your ankle is now on the mend.

As the lead for for minor injury units in Oxfordshire, I am very grateful for your feedback and will ensure your comments are passed to Joanne, the clinical lead for Abingdon MIU, so she can share with her team.

John