"Lack of compassion"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult Mental Health Services - Community (County)

I have suffered with my mental health for many years but have been under a community team since 2009 after my first time in hospital. I recently struggled with hallucinations and phoned the county crisis team in the middle of the night for support as I was shook up and frightened. They told me to phone my cpn the next day and ask for medication so the following day I done so. I phoned Manor Road in Carlton. My cpn was not at work and her colleagues told the receptionist that the only way to get medication was through her. Then I phoned the crisis team back but they said "No" too as I am not under their team at the moment. So the day passed and I was left without any medication. The following day when my cpn was back at Manor Road, I phoned again and to be perfectly honest it was a hassle to arrange getting anything done. I just feel like an inconvenience and I think there is sometimes a lack of compassion in community teams when people are struggling with their mental health. I wouldn't phone if I didn't need to so please, in future, take me more seriously and cut me some slack.

Dear Ali12

I was sorry to read about about your experience of the County Crisis Team and Manor Road. I will make sure your feedback is sent to the teams and ask for a more detailed reply to be sent to you. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your story with us as it is the only way we can improve services and make things better.

Look out for another response soon which will be alerted to you via an e mail.

Best Wishes

• Ali12 thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Ali12 (the patient)

Hi Jane

Thank you. I think there needs to be a different system for getting medication out of hours. Hopefully I will hear from the teams soon.

Response from Tim Constable, Service Manager, Adult Mental Health, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Ali21

I am sorry to read that your experience of getting help did not meet your needs at that time. I have discussed this with the team leader at Manor Road who is looking into these concerns and if you wish we can arrange to meet with you to discuss them further.

You can speak to Marion (Team Leader ) at Manor Road, or myself Tim Constable - Service Manager on 0115 9691300

• Ali12 thinks this response is helpful