"Arrival into cardio lab was exceptionally smooth"

About: Basildon University Hospital / Accident and emergency East Of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust / Emergency ambulance

I was admitted as an emergency in October 2015 and stayed on Roding Ward.

My wife and I were kept informed at all times about what was happening and what was going to happen. Arrival into the Cardio Lab was like a Formula One pit stop exceptionally smooth (may be need to inform patients your underwear may be removed for the quick shearing as I was fighting to keep hold of mine ha ha).

1hour later two stents inserted and sitting up in the ward being looked after by a very attentive, friendly and courteous staff. I have nothing but praise for all the staff.

Many thanks to you all for the wonderful care.

Response from Marian Burgess, Patient Services Facilitator, East Of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about the East of England Ambulance Service. I would like to pass your kind comments onto the staff involved and would be grateful if you could email eoeasnt.feedback@nhs.net with the date and location we attended to so that we can track the staff involved.

Thank you again for your kind words of appreciation.

I am pleased to hear you are making a good recovery

Marian Burgess
Patient Experience Department

Response from Basildon University Hospital

We are very pleased that your recent experience of care within the CTC at Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was a good one. We will forward on your kind words to the department staff.