"Open wide please!"

About: Queen's Hospital, Burton Upon Trent

I attended the hospital today to have a wisdom tooth extracted under local anaesthetic. I was referred to the hospital by my dentist as I am extremely nervous due to a very bad experience in my youth! I cannot praise the staff highly enough; from the receptionist to the dentist - so friendly, reassuring and patient. The lovely nurse even asked my husband if he wanted to come in with me as I was in such a state. He held my hand throughout! Three nurses and the dentist treated me with such kindness and care; it was all over in no time with no pain at all. Thank you so much.

Yes I did wait 3 months for the appointment but I wasn't in pain and I was reassured at my first appointment that the procedure would be carried out my the same dentist to help combat my nerves. I'm sure after today's experience that I will not be such a baby if I need another procedure!

Thank you again for your kindness, patience and expertise.

Response from Queen's Hospital, Burton Upon Trent

Dear Annie

Many thanks for your extremely kind comments posted recently on the NHS Choices website regarding our Maxillofacial Services at Queen’s Hospital. Our staff work extremely hard to provide a high standard of care to all our patients and receiving such positive feedback is always appreciated. I will ensure that your comments are shared with the relevant staff.

PALS team