"Postponed appointments cause worry"

About: Ayr Hospital / Medical Oncology

I had a lobectomy last October and was to be x-rayed in early November. This has now been put back till early December. It is a very bad time for people not knowing the cancer may return and that x-ray is vital to ease that worry and that appointments should not be changed just to suit staff who should really make sure these patients are seen as to ease their worry.

Dear danimac,

I really do appreciate how distressing a time it is and the waiting for reassurance must seem like a millennium. Without more information I can only surmise why your appointment has been changed. By knowing how the x-ray department works, I suspect it may be a follow-up appointment that has been changed and as the x-ray is likely to be part of the follow-up that needed to be changed too. In the meantime, as always, if you have anything that concerns you about your health, do check it out with your GP. You could contact your consultant’s secretary to ask about it. I hope the time flies despite your understandable concern and your follow-up goes well.,

Best wishes,

Eunice

Dear danimac,

As always, I have passed your post to the management of the service and they would like to look into this to see if there is anything they can do to help. If you would like us to do so, please contact me on 01563 86222 or 01563 826222 email me at eunice.goodwin@aapct.scot.nhs.uk.

Eunice