"I was made to feel I mattered"

About: Specialist services / Podiatry

My sincere “thank you” to the podiatrist at Park House Health and social Care Centre. I have mental and physical health problems and it was like being seen by a doctor!

I was made to feel that I mattered and accepted just as I was (unlike on a previous occasion, when I was treated unprofessionally, uncaringly, unsympathetically and talked down to by a certain podiatrist – who your manager Mr Heaney assured me by telephone calls and in writing that this clinician would be dealt with).

Thank you Mr Heaney for your time and understanding of a delicate situation – that as you rightly stated should ever had happened.

Park house clinic is a pleasure to visit- with the services of a sandwich and teas bar and a pharmacy (chemist) selling a variety of everyday essentials. People like myself who have to have hospital/patient transport owing to my disabilities can have a chat to people while waiting and not feel alone and isolated – thank you for all you do and for all the information that is around to read.

Response from Duncan Heaney, Head of Service - Podiatry, Health Partnerships - Nottinghamshire Healthcare

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments, it is very much appreciated, and I will forward your feedback to the team at Park House.

I am really pleased and re-assured that you have had a much better experience of the podiatry service than on your previous visit, and apologise that the service you received was not acceptable

Please do not hesitate to contact me in future should you feel that your needs are not being met

Many thanks again