"Two Years and counting."

About: Royal Hallamshire Hospital

I've been having really bad seizures for over two years now, and this department pushed me back and forth saying "it could be diabetic" or "it could be a thyroid problem" all the meanwhile saying that it definitely wasn't epilepsy - all this was BEFORE having any tests.

Then I had a string of MRI, EEG and ECG and had one neurologist thought it was a possibility that I was epileptic and I'd be written to for another appointment.

I went two years ignored after this. I never got that next appointment despite having my doctor write to them a number of times.

Now my fits are bad again and they've "lost" all of my paperwork and I have to go through the first fit clinic again.

It's a joke and I'm suffering every day because of it.

Response from Deborah Hopkinson, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

I am really sorry to hear about your poor experience. We would like to look into this in detail to find out what has gone wrong. Would you be able to provide personal details to our Patient Services team in order that we can investigate and respond to you? The team can be contacted on telephone number 271 2400 or by emailing pst@sth.nhs.uk

Kind regards.