"ENT OUTPATIENTS"

About: Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital

My husband`s experience of ENT :-

Outpatients is one that lacks continuity of care, he sees a different doctor each time, has to repeat it all over and any follow up appointments don`t refer back to previous.

ENT outpatient doctors on two occasions have confirmed that ENT will refer my husband for further investigations to other departments and not done it.

So, my husband has sat waiting months, thinking ENT has made the referrals they have confirmed that they would make, when in fact ENT haven`t even bothered to make the referrals at all themselves as promised but just passed it back to the GP.

My advice to any ENT outpatient would be to confirm who is doing what, where and when at the time of appointment if a doctor says he is going to refer you to another in hospital department. Don`t waste months waiting thinking ENT have referred you because the chances are they never bothered to and time is being wasted.

We are very sorry to hear about the delays to your husband's care. Your feedback will be passed to the ENT team and we would encourage you to get in touch with our Patient Advice and Liaison Service, to see if there is further help we can offer. Please contact PALS on pals@nnuh.nhs.uk