"Eye problem identified and treated."

About: Queen Alexandra Hospital

Had a very painful and swollen left eye so attended A&E on Sunday.

The Duty Doctor, who specialised in eye problems, was extremely gentle as she could see how much pain I was in.

She felt it would be more prudent to have a CT scan the following day so on the Monday she double checked everything she had done the day before and her (presumably) superior (because he was a 'Mr') also gave his opinion.

Again, the conclusion was that a scan should show up anything a bit more 'sinister'.

I had the scan and, thankfully, nothing untoward was found and it was ultimately concluded that I had one real 'humdinger' of a conjunctivitis!!

Armed with two different eye drops and one cream I am delighted to report that they've got the conjunctivitis on the run!!!

I would like to say a huge 'THANK YOU' to everyone I encountered in the Emergency Eye clinic and in the CT Scanning department because you were all so kind, gentle and professional.

Response from Queen Alexandra Hospital

Dear Kim

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your positive feedback regarding your recent experiences at Queen Alexandra Hospital.

Please be assured that your comment has been shared with the Teams involved.

I hope you make a good recovery and wish you well for the future.

Should you ever need to share your views with us direct, good or bad, then please contact our PALS Team on PHT.PALS@porthosp.nhs.uk who will be happy to help and advise.

Kind regards.