"Disappointed by poor service"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / General Medicine

Having visited the dinning room on level 0 several times recently, I have to say that I am disappointed that a hospital can deliver poor service. Tables were dirty, obviously not cleaned after people left, staff in canteen sitting at table, language foul, staff appear to get there meals for free? Giving money at till and getting it returned to them.

Often on entering canteen between 1600 and 1715, tables closed off with chairs on them, carpets being cleaned while people eating, surely this is a health and safety issue. Hoovering whilst people eating. Can this not be done when resturant closes or during the night? The staff appear disgruntled at till. Very disappointed. I have highlighted to staff in the passing to be told tough! Poor effort

Response from Marion Mark, Director of Hospital Services, Wishaw General Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Love

I am sorry for your experience while visiting the restaurant in Wishaw General. I have shared your comments with our Catering Management Team. While we aim to achieve our normal high standards, we have clearly failed in this instance and have not managed our restaurant in line with our own expectations.

I can assure you that the issues raised will be thoroughly investigated and rectified without delay and going forward they will be monitored by the Catering Management Team.

We will share your comments with all staff with regards to the foul language as this is not what we would expect from our staff. Again I am sorry you had to listen to this type of language.

Best Wishes

• Love thinks this response is helpful