"Rapid Access Neck Lump & Thyroid Clinic"

About: Royal Preston Hospital

From the moment I was referred until the day I was discharged, I was treated with the utmost professionalism, care and kindness by the doctors and nurses. I could not have asked for better treatment.

The only hitch was when I was unable to make one of my appointments and had to cancel owing to a family emergency, the person on the phone was very understanding and reassured me that my appointment would be rearranged and the clinic notified that I couldn't be there that day. I was very disappointed a few days later to discover that I had been marked down as a 'no show' and my G.P. notified that I didn't tun up. Subsequent phone calls straightened it all out but it shouldn't have happened.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience and for the very kind comments you made about the clinical staff involved in your care. It is always extremely pleasing to hear that the care provided was of the high standard we aim to offer all our patients. Please be assured that your feedback has been shared with the staff concerned.

We were disappointed to hear of your experience in relation to the communication that was sent to your GP advising that you had not attended for your appointment, despite you having cancelled that appointment and for the difficulties you encountered in resolving the situation. The general manager for that area has been made aware of the issues you have raised to enable them to be addressed.