"The staff do not know what is ..."

About: Macclesfield District General Hospital

The staff do not know what is going on in their own hospital, therefore how can they help the patients? I phoned to speak to someone at the Ear, Nose and Throat Clinic - the reception put me through and I spent 10 minutes on hold, while a recorded message kept telling me I was first in the queue. I then rang reception back and explained to the lady, who then asked ME whether today was the outpatients' clinic?! Should it not be the hospital rather than the patients who have that kind of information? I suggest some customer service training and sharing of information wouldn't go amiss!

Response from Macclesfield District General Hospital

Please accept our apologies for the difficulty you had getting through to the Ear Nose and Throat clinic. We would like to reassure you that our Customer Care Team run regular Customer Care training sessions for staff in all departments across the Trust.

We are keen to find out what happened when you telephoned the hospital, so that we can address this issue. If you would like to discuss this further please contact the Customer Care Team on freephone 0800 1613997 or minicom 01625 663723 or email CustomerCare.Service@echeshire-tr.nwest.nhs.uk.