"Outstanding Paediatric Care From A Ten Year Old Boy"

About: Royal Hospital for Sick Children (Yorkhill) / Paediatrics Wishaw General Hospital / Paediatrics

I am 10 years old and a few years ago I was poorly sick and I was admitted to Ward 20 Wishaw General Hospital for 10 days with Acute Glomerularnephritis.

I received excellent medical and nursing care while I was in hospital and this has continued since my discharge home. I have been looked after by Dr Thin Thin Saing, Dr Cunningham and Dr Heather Maxwell, Victoria Causer Renal Nurse and the Dieticians.

In early October 2015, I attended my routine clinic appointment and I was told the best news ever. As I am now back to full health and strength I have been discharged from the Paediatric Team at Wishaw General Hospital after years of being under their care.

I am writing to you to share the excellent care that I received from this outstanding team. A BIG thank you from a little 10 year old.

Dear 10 Year Old Boy,

It has really made my day to read this! I can't imagine how scary it must have been to be in hospital for that time, although I'm sure you were much braver than I would have been!

I am so happy for you that you are back to full health and I am sure the whole team at Wishaw General will be thrilled that you have taken the time to write in about your experience.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your October holidays!

Best Wishes,

Lorna

Response from Susan Stewart, Associate Director of Nursing, Children & Families and Head of Midwifery, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear 10 Year Old Boy,

What great news!

It’s really nice of you to take the time to share your experience; I’m so glad that you have returned to full health and strength.

Your feedback will mean a lot to the staff that you have mentioned, and I’m sure the rest of the Paediatric Team at Wishaw will feel really proud when they read your story about how they have been able to help you.

Like Lorna, I hope you are making the most of your half-term

Best wishes