"Care in Children's A and E"

About: Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow / Accident & Emergency

Attended minor injuries at A and E at new children's hospital in Queen Elizabeth University Hospital in Glasgow after my daughter slipped and sustained a deep cut to her forehead that needed stitches.

We were assessed quickly and all contact with staff from front desk to nursing staff and both doctors who assessed my daughter was excellent. They were so kind to my child and to us when her head was being stitched and we were back home in three hours (including one hour while we waited for anaesthetic gel to work).

Dear Glasgowmum,

Thank you for writing in to let us know about your daughter's recent experience at A&E - it's great to hear that not only was she treated quickly and efficiently, but with such kindness also. It is a brilliant team we have at the Children's A&E and so it is lovely when I can send on comments like this from appreciative parents!

I hope your daughter's cut is healing up well and there are no more injuries during the holidays!

Thanks again,