"Heart failure"

About: Hairmyres Hospital / Cardiology Monklands District General Hospital / Cardiology

I went into the the Cardiac unit in Monkland's General Hospital with breathlessness and chest pains. The staff and the care was excellent. The only grouse I have was the food could have been better. I also had an Angiogram and a stent fitted in Hairmyers Hospital, again the care could not be questioned.

Response from Susan Friel, Chief of Nursing Services, Hairmyres Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Jay Dee

I'm so pleased you were happy with the care we provided at Hairmyres Hospital, when you had your angiogram and stent. I'll make sure your comments are shared with the team who looked after you.

My best wishes for a speedy recovery

Kind Regards

Response from Ruth Thompson, Chief of Nursing Services, Monklands Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Jay Dee

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience of care at Monklands Hospital, I am delighted to learn your care within the Cardiology Unit was so good and I will ensure the team are aware of your positive feedback.

I am sorry you food the food to be less satisfactory, I will take your comments about the food to the Hospital Food, Fluid and Nutrition group. We have recently had some food tasting sessions with patients and members of the public to get feedback on our menus and continually strive to make improvements.

I hope you are making a full recovery.

Update posted by Jay Dee (the patient)

It is always nice to get a positive response , my thanks for the kind words and best wishes from Ruth and Susan. It is very pleasing to know that my comments have been so well received.

King regards