"Spinal fusion Wonder surgeon"

About: Southmead Hospital

After waiting several years for a spinal fusion operation I was rushed into Southmead hospital with suddenly worsening symptoms, I was quickly assessed and found that I needed the fusion ASAP and was placed on next operating waiting schedule. The following morning I was operated on by the surgeon. After the usual initial discomfort all my back pain had gone. Following a few months of convalescence all is back to normal .

The theatre staff, ward staff, caterers, and even cleaners couldn't have made me feel more welcome. The surgeon and their team kept me informed and reassured from admittance right through until the 6 month follow up appointment and beyond. I would highly recommend Southmead hospitals competent spinal team and support staff for any future operations, although I'm not planning on returning myself too soon! Many thanks to all involved

Response from Southmead Hospital

Dear Jon – thank you for your positive comments about the spinal service at Southmead. I am pleased to learn your outcome was so good and that you would recommend the service and the hospital as a whole. I will pass on your tahnks to the teams involved.

Steve Sykes