"Very dissatisfied"

About: Medway Maritime Hospital

I am extremely disappointed with the Colorectal Dept. On my first appointment to see the Consultant (referred within 2 weeks) the Consultant went home without seeing me. The explanation given was that the 'lilac' booking in form had been misplaced and they didn't know I was waiting. I sat there for an hour until the nurse and reception staff noticed the mistake.

When I did eventually see a Registrar a week later I was informed I needed a colonoscopy . I received a phone call from the Dept on Saturday 3 October inviting in for the procedure on Mon 12 October. They said details would be put in the post but it is now Saturday 10 October and nothing has been received. I phoned the Hospital on 5 occasions seeking assistance but was just left with a constant rining phone.

A truly dreadful service when you are anxious and awaiting a procedure.

Response from Medway Maritime Hospital

We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the care that you received in Medway Maritime Hospital. We would like to look at your concerns in more detail but are unable to do this without more information. You can contact the PALS team between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday, by phone on 01634 825004 or 01634 830000 x5793 or by email at Pals@medway.nhs.uk