"The privacy (in A&E). The ..."

About: Macclesfield District General Hospital / Accident and emergency Macclesfield District General Hospital / General surgery

The privacy (in A&E). The nursing staff and NAs.

Communication during handover. I went from A&E to the ward and the patient was still sat on the bed I was meant to be in. As I worked at the hospital at the time i understood.

I had an appendicectomy and I was worried as I worked at the hospital and felt slightly embarassed about getting undressed etc. (even though I know they've seen it all before). The staff were very good and treated me no differently from any other patient (except talking to me as I understood the jargon!). They were sensitive when it came to helping me put on my stockings and get changed into a gown before the surgery and I was put at ease by this.

A&E staff were very good as I know the hospital was very stretched at the time and unfortunately I did go over the 4 hours but they put me in a private cubicle with a door (T5) so I could sleep and checked up on me regularly which was reassuring.

Response from Macclesfield District General Hospital

Thank you for your comments. We have been working hard to ensure the privacy and dignity of all our patients so we are pleased that you had a good experience in the Emergency Department.