"Avoid- Good doctors but awful nurses and..."

About: Hospital For Tropical Diseases

I have visited this hospital twice over two years (my bad luck) I must admit the doctors are brilliant - very attentive and provide good care.

However I have experienced the same rude receptionist who only ask you the same repetitive question 'have you travelled - this is travel clinic' no matter what you say to them. They refuse to listen to your story or questions.

The nurses are the same - just miserable. I decided to go back because I was very unwell and had only seen the doctor a day before but was told by the nurse I can only come to hospital once and will not be seen again. In future I shouldn't come to hospital if I feel ill. Even when I told them I had a blackout they just had a stone cold face showing no emotions.

I would not go back to this hospital - when they clearly don't care what germs or infections you might be passing on to your fellow members of the society. Go private if you can avoid! Terrible experience treat you with no respect. Travelling from south east Asia I am genuinely worried I might have a contagious infectious disease but it seems no one cares if you spread or not - might as well continue with life and share my infection with others!

Response from Hospital For Tropical Diseases

Thank you for taking the time to feed back to us. We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience of the Travel Clinic at the Hospital for Tropical Diseases, UCLH.

We would be grateful if you could contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) via pals@uclh.nhs.uk or by calling 020 3447 3042 so that we can look into this.