"Terrible urgent care department"

About: Bishop Auckland Hospital

I have always felt uncomfortable visiting this urgent care department and only go when I really have to. The staff are rude and uncaring, this department really needs a good shake up. The last visit I had, the triarge nurse was very abrupt and condescending, I would probably travel to the one at Darlington next time.

Response from Bishop Auckland Hospital

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit to Bishop Auckland Hospital and in particular the Urgent Care Centre.

I am very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your experience on this occasion and we will make sure your feedback is passed to the Team Leader in charge of the department.

We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you and if you would like to contact us with some more detail it would enable the Matron/Manager to look into your concerns for you.

If you feel this would be useful please contact the Trust’s Patient Experience Team on 0800 7835774.

If you would prefer to contact us by e-mail, our address is patient.experience@cddft.nhs.uk

If you do decide to contact us, please make us aware that you have left comments on the NHS Choices website.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients.

Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices.

Patient Experience Team