"GP after hours"

About: New Victoria Hospital (Glasgow) NHS 24 / NHS 24 (111 service)

I had an emergeny that after all occured not to be as serious as I thought so to start with. At first I called 111 and asked for help. The Lady who answered my call was very polite and helpful, she organized a GP appointment for me quickly.

I went to see a Doctor immediately, and I was really happy with care I received. Professional, friendly and very caring.

I just want to say a big thank you.

Response from Shona Lawrence, Patient Affairs Manager, NHS 24

Dear Weronica

Thank you very much for your feedback via Patient Opinion. I am very pleased that your emergency was not as serious as your first considered and I do hope that your health has improved.

Thanks for your positive comments for staff within NHS 24. Patient safety and a positive patient experience are our top priorities and our dedicated staff endeavour to ensure that patients who are required to use our 111 service receive an excellent level of care.

We work closely with our partner Health Boards and I note that you have provided positive feedback for the GP who provided care for you also.

Should you wish to provide me with some additional detail to enable the staff members who managed your call to NHS 24 to be identified, I would be very pleased to hear from you. I can be contacted on 0141 337 4582 or by email at patientaffairs@nhs24.scot.nhs.uk

Thank you again for your feedback and I wish you every good health for the future.

With kind regards

Shona Lawrence

NHS 24 Patient Affairs Manager.

Dear Weronica,

Thank you so much for your kind comments about the Doctor who saw you at the Out of Hours clinic - I am glad this process was so smooth for you and that the care you received was to such a high standard.

I appreciate you taking the time to write to us and will pass on your feedback to the Out of Hours service.

Thanks again,