"MRI Team Amazimg Customer Sevice and..."

About: Royal Bolton Hospital

I was dreading my second MRI in ten years today after the last at a private hospital wasn't very pleasant as I'm rather claustrophobic.

Immediately welcomed at reception and checked in by a very friendly staff member who re assured me and explained what would happen next. Apologised as they were running slightly late. It was not an issue as I'm always early anyway, and discovered later it was because of some extra emergency scans. Taken through to the waiting area outside MRI room by a very friendly nurse, names were given by the staff at all times so very personal. Again process explained and my concerns listened to a and relived to be advised I could go into the MRI feet first. Radiographer was also extremely friendly and professional and we had some banter, which made my worries ease away even more. Hopefully my results will be good, but I want to thank all the staff in this department, who were excellent and an asset to BR and the NHS.

Yes the reception area may be dated, but you can't judge a book by its cover. The MRI area was modern, but the whole unit was clean. A compliment to the often unsung cleaners, who too were in evidence during my visit.

I left BR after my MRI feeling much better and feeling valued and made to feel like an individual, in what must be a very process driven area. Well done and thanks to all concerned. 10/10'

Response from Royal Bolton Hospital

I'm so pleased our team were able to put you at ease as I know MRI scans can be unpleasant when it's so enclosed and noisy. Thanks for taking the time to provide us with positive feedback and I hope your scan results are good news.