"In my experience, the phlebotomy department is always excellent"

About: Solihull Hospital / General medicine

I arrived this afternoon, and found to my total surprise that there was no-one in the waiting room. On all previous visits (I'm diabetic and need regular blood tests) I've had to wait for at least 20 to. 30 minutes, so this was frankly amazing.

I just walked from the waiting room up to the clinic room, was greeted by a phlebotomist in a friendly way and seated immediately, and gave my blood sample in record time, despite having a history of being relatively difficult to bleed!

In my experience, the phlebotomy department at Solihull Hospital is always excellent, with friendly, professional and efficient staff and great service. Well done Solihull Hospital and Heart of England Foundation Trust!

Dear TomB

It is lovely to read that you have always had a good experience when you have used the service previously, and I know that during clinics, the Phlebotomy Team can be very busy which does result in increased waiting times for patients, which is unfortunate but sometimes unavoidable.

I will be delighted to forward your comments to Mark Hill Operations Manager for Haematology who will ensure that your feedback is shared with all of the Phlebotomy Team.

I do hope this is acceptable and once again, thank you for taking the time to provide your comments, patient feedback is extremely important to us.

Marie Helebert

Response from Solihull Hospital

Dear TomB thank you very much for your feedback about your experience in the Phlebotomy Department at Solihull Hospital.

Marie Helebert