"A and E service on busy Saturday evening"

About: John Radcliffe Hospital

My husband aged 79 suddenly became ill whilst visiting Oxford ie high temperature, unable to swallow.

Although there was a wait in A and E because of the number of people, the medical staff swiftly organised x-ray, blood tests etc and diagnosed treatment.

This was explained to me, the anxious wife, and husband who was disorientated by the consultant.

After admission and treatment again the consultant took the time to explain medication after discharge.

Individual Dr. whom I asked for directions accompanied me to my b and b when I eventually left the hospital near midnight.

Response from John Radcliffe Hospital

Thank you for providing this welcomed feedback. It must have been a very troubling time for both you and your husband, so it is great to hear that our staff were efficient, professional and caring in this situation. At Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, we aim to provide consistently excellent care with compassion; we want each patient and their loved one/s to be at ease and confident in the treatment and support we provide. It is wonderful to hear that your experience reflected these aims. We hope your husband is recovering well.