"Rudeness not nessecary !"

This is my local hospital, I attended in June twice for the same injury which was misdiagnosed (I was told I had sprained my ankle and then it was a torn muscle) after four more visits to GP and Colchester Hospital over a period of weeks I was finally told I had snapped my Achilles Tendon. I was finally seen and had a corrective boot fitted. After 5 weeks I now need to attend Clacton for Physiotherapy, after my first session with a lovely staff member, they said they were concerned about the skin on my damaged heel and said they would like me to see someone in the hospital as soon as possible. This was arranged for this morning. I was greeted by a very rude nurse who said " they could spare me 10 minutes , they were very busy and what did I want ?" I explained what I had been advised and the nurse replied " didn't they have any cream, that 's all that was needed !

I am 85 years old and felt like I was a naughty school boy, I would not have attended had I not ben told to do so. It is not an experience I wish to experience again.

Response from Clacton Hospital

Anglian Community Enterprise would like to thank you for leaving comments about our service. Whilst it is always disappointing to read that patients are unhappy, it does however give us the opportunity to improve the quality of the care and service we provide. Whilst we are unable to answer your individual comments on this website, we would very much welcome the opportunity to talk to you further in order to address your concerns. If you would contact the Anglian Community Enterprise Complaints team on 0800 819 9030 or at ACECIC.patientexperience@nhs.net.