"Becoming a student Midwife"

About: Nottingham North & East Sure Start Centres

(as a volunteer/advocate),

I Volunteered at Sure Start to help new mothers with breastfeeding issues. This was to help with my journey to become a Midwife, alongside this I did my access to nursing and midwifery diploma. I did this for at least a year which was great experience which really helped with my application to Nottingham University for the the Midwifery degree. I started in September 2015 I am loving every minute of it! ! so thanks to all at sure start as I am doing the job I dreamed of.

Response from Tina Hancock, Sure Start Children's Centres Service Manager, Broxtowe District, Sure Start, Health Partnerships

Dear Charlie4,

thank you for taking the time to post your comments on this forum, it is always a pleasure to read stories that show such a wonderful journey like yours.

Your journey to become a Midwife and the route you took to get there is an inspiration to us all - well done. I am so pleased that your local Children's Centre has contributed to and supported you to achieve your goal and become a midwife - I hope you have many happy years delivering new babies and supporting new parents in their personal journey to becoming happy parents.

Keep in touch with us,