"Short stay in Day Care Unit"

About: Queen Elizabeth Hospital (Greater London)

I was admitted on the 6th September with pancreatitis and gallstones. The staff that I dealt with in A&E were polite, kind and very gentle. I was transferred to the day care unit and stayed there for 4 nights. I found all staff on this ward to be extremely kind, caring and came immediately when called. I was kept very comfortable, the ward was immaculate and everyone seemed very cheery regardless of abuse they were receiving from other patients.

I unfortunately had to be re-admitted a few weeks later but was pleased when I was returned to this ward and found most of the same team there and conditions to be exactly the same. Discharge on both occasions took a few hours, however, I was kept informed of what was happening and have witnessed the stack of paperwork that comes with a hospital visit.

Very well done to everyone who works on this ward, from the consultants to the cleaners, you're doing a great job!

Response from Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Excellent patient care is a high priority for us and we are always delighted to read such positive experiences from people visiting our hospital. Thanks for taking the time to feedback.