"Opening hours on website incorrect"

About: Honiton Hospital

I had need of help in the minor injuries unit this Sunday evening. Before leaving home at around 1815 hrs I checked on the Honiton hospital website to see what time the unit was open till. The site stated 2200hrs. On arrival I found that the unit is now closing at 1800hrs. I then had to travel to Tiverton. It would be very helpful to the general public if the information on the website was kept up to date.

Dera Patient

I was very sorry to note that you had a wasted journey to Honiton hospital, and for the inconvenience caused, and would like to apologise on behalf of the MIU manager and the Trust.

I have contacted the manager responsible for the website, sharing your feedback to ensure the website is reviewed and the opening times for the MIU at Honiton are amended accordingly.

Many thanks

Response from Peter Brain, Volunteer, Healthwatch Devon

Dear 'anonymous'

The comments and responses on the web-site of Patient Opinion are shared with us at Healthwatch.

Thank you for your comment on this error in communication. I trust your eventual treatment was OK. At Healthwatch we are building a picture of the provision of services in Devon and these comments should help the NHS and other providers develop and improve their services.

If you wish to discuss this or any health or social care issue with us in confidence, including seeking advice or information about services, please call 0800 520 0640, or email info@healthwatchdevon.co.uk or go on-line to www.healthwatchdevon.co.uk.

Yours sincerely

Peter Brain

Healthwatch Devon is the consumer champion for Health and Social Care in Devon.