"My Time inside this hospital in a nutshell"

The time i had in st georges was terrible, the staff didnt care, the food was lousy and I ended up on hunger strike, was moved soon after, very unhappy

Response from St Georges Hospital Site (Morpeth)

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experiences at St Georges Park Hospital. I disappointed to hear that your stay with has not been positive and from your comments it sounds like it’s been a difficult and upsetting time for you.

I can only apologise that your experience has not been what you would have wanted or expected and that it was terrible.

Looking after, working with and caring for people who are in mental health crisis with compassion and empathy is what we expect all our staff to do every day. We place service users and carers at the centre of everything we do and expect that all people are treated with respect and dignity.

Everyone is encouraged to discuss any comments regarding their care and treatment with nursing staff on the wards at any time and we endeavour to put things right at the time.

All service users are encouraged and supported to give feedback about the quality, choice and availability of food. We provide a balanced menu, and people with specific dietary and religious requirements are catered for and are accommodated throughout their stay and at short notice.

Thank you again for your comments .We always try to work collaboratively with service users carers and families, and understand that by listening to the views of others, this can influence the way we can do things better.