"Stay and play"

About: Ladybrook Children's Centre

(as a parent/guardian),

When I first had my daughter I was at home a lot by myself and felt quite lonely.

My health visitor mentioned a weigh in class I could take my daughter to so I gave it a try and was told about a lot of other classes that was available.

I started going to a stay and play class and me and my daughter both enjoyed it, I started to talk to other mums and made some new friends I now go every week.

The group has lots of great things for kids, my daughter loves painting, snack time and singing time.

I think the group has definitely helped my daughters development and made her better around other children.

Response from Debbie O'Brien, Children's Centre Co-ordinator, Sure Start Children's Centres, County Health Partnerships

Thank you for sharing your expereince. I'm sure many other parents can relate to feeling quite lonely.

I am really pleased to read that you came to the centre and began accessing some of the sessions as it can be quite daunting to start with. It sounds like both yourself and your daughter are enjoying the sessions and benefiting from them, I hope that you both continue to attend.