"Inexperienced Doctors"

About: St Mary's Hospital (London)

My daughter (14 months old) was taken in PICU first Consultant put in a central line on her thigh next day they said it' was too short so they put a longer one in. Third day when I came in I was told to go to parents room as they needed put another line in as the one put in day before wasn't working.

They changed the lines everyday for three days we were in PICU. This was really painful for my little one. It really upset me to see my daughter go through this due to lack of experience amongst consultant and Doctors. Great Ormond Street hospital is best kids you get best care and they keep patients suffering to minimum. St Marys worst hospital to be in with your kids.

Never bring your kids here!

Response from St Mary's Hospital

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is very concerned about your posting on NHS Choices regarding your daughter's treatment at the PICU at St Mary's hospital.

This has been passed to Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) following forwarding your comments to senior managers in the Paediatrics department.

We are sorry for the delay in posting a response to you but would encourage you to contact PALS on 0203 313 0088 or email pals@imperial.nhs.uk to discuss this matter further.

Please pass on our sincere apologies for the distress this experience has caused your daughter and your family.