"undignified and incompassionate discharge"

About: Hillingdon Hospital

Whilst being an inpatient on AMU for nearly 4 days, I have to say that I am absolutely appalled, let down and embarrassed to say I work at.the hospital. I was told I was being discharged and after witnessing other patients, mostly elderly be messed around,

I did not expect to be told that I could not wait 5 minutes for my mother to come with some underwear and help me stand and get dressed. After being in bed for so long, suffering with low blood pressure in addition to a spinal problem, the Bed Manager, who was disgustingly unprofessional to a Sister in front of an audience to get me out. This is not the way to treat an ill patient dosed up on painkillers including Morphine. I made my way to the car park with just a dressing gown and to be honest was in so much pain could happily have walked under a bus. This I believe would be cares! Disgraceful. I hope I never have to go through this again.

Response from Hillingdon Hospital

Thank you for your feedback.

As a Trust we are committed to providing excellent patient care and support. The Trust is currently investigating this issue with the ward in question and will keep you informed of our findings as well as including you in any subsequent actions and changes. The Trust apologies for any distress this incident may have caused you.

Russell Wernham