"High standard of care"

About: Vale of Leven General Hospital / General Medicine

I was recently admitted to the Vale of Leven hospital and was impressed by the level of genuine care and attentiveness shown by the staff. Not only to me but to the many older patients there. I would feel at ease if I knew one of my own more elderly relatives had to be seen and then treated there. I also attend a clinic at the Vale and should highlight that I am always impressed by the friendly, helpful staff there, too.

On the downside, there is continued uncertainty hanging over the future of the Vale - what services it will retain; the deteriorating condition of certain buildings. It is a much-needed and valuable resource and I really hope that its long-term future will be secured.

Dear SAJ,

First of all, let me apologise that you haven't had a response to this post until now - I remember reading it and passing it on to the service at the time, but I've only just noticed that I didn't actually acknowledge - really sorry.

I am so glad that you have experienced a consistently high level of care from all of the staff that have looked after you at the Vale of Leven, both on the inpatient and outpatient side. I very often get really kind comments about the staff at this hospital and I know that they very much appreciate when people get in touch with such kind comments.

All comments that we receive through Patient Opinion, or through our own feedback website, are fed back to the relevant service managers. This includes Facilities colleagues to highlight your comments about the physical aspects of the hospital.

Thank you again for getting in touch,

Best Wishes,