"Treatment for breast cancer"

About: City Hospital campus / Nottingham Breast Institute

I was diagnosed and treated for breast cancer having surgery and radiotherapy.

The staff were knowledgable, friendly and empathetic. However the radiotherapy could've been quicker, as I had it 3 months after surgery.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thanks for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear you had to wait for your radiotherapy treatment. I would be pleased to look into this for you to understand why there was a delay. You can contact me on 0115 969 1169 ext. 55171 or email Belinda.dring@nuh.nhs.uk if you wish to do so. Your comments about our staff and care are also noted – I have passed these on to relevant colleagues. Thank you.

I hope you’re recovering well.

Kind regards,

Belinda Dring.

Matron, Cancer and Associated Specialties.

• Wilson thinks this response is helpful

Response from City Hospital campus

Thank you for getting in touch.

I’m glad to hear you experienced good care from our staff during your cancer treatment, although I am sorry to hear that you felt the time between your surgery and radiotherapy was too long.

I’ve shared your comments with my colleagues in the Breast Team. If you wish to contact us to provide more details, we can provide an explanation regarding the timings of your radiotherapy treatment. Do feel free to contact me at maria.mills@nuh.nhs.uk or on 0115 969 1169 ext 59679. Maria Mills, Matron, Cancer & Associated Specialties