"God bless the NHS"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / Respiratory medicine Scottish Ambulance Service / Emergency Ambulance

My husband had a fall down a few stairs and split his head open. I couldn't get him up so called 999. The paramedics arrived in under ten minutes and got him up and seated. They were worried about his low BP so took him to Crosshouse.

Upon examination he was found to have a significant chest infection and was immediately put on an antibiotic drip together with a saline drip. His head was stitched, his chest xrayed and we were informed he was being admitted for observation.

The care and attention he was given was second to none. He was monitored regularly and the doctors and nurses communicated with us at all times and were very clear in what was happening. He was released after nine nights with all new medications clearly explained by a hospital pharmacist and staff nurse.

I cannot thank enough the truly dedicated nurses and doctors at Crosshouse, it made my husband's stay a lot easier. God bless the NHS without it we would be in dire straits.

Dear Cheers,

How wonderful, this is indeed music to my ears. I am so glad that such goodness came from something that could have been quite bad and you were so happy with your husband's care. I will make sure this is passed to the (long list) of staff you have given me. I hope your husband has continued to recover and is now well.

Thank you so much for sharing you and your husband's experience with us.

Take care,

Eunice

• Cheers thinks this response is helpful

Response from Sharon Hammell, Head of Corporate Affairs and Engagement, Scottish Ambulance Service

Good morning Cheers

I hope your husband is recovering well from his fall and his chest infection. It must have been an anxious time for both of you.

Thank you for taking time to share your experience of seamless care by the NHS, including the Scottish Ambulance Service. You've highlighted a number of important factors in a good experience for both patient and for a loved one, specifically regular communication and clear explanations from everyone involved.

• Cheers thinks this response is helpful