"Very bad experience and disappointed"

About: Peterborough City Hospital

last Saturday my wife who was 39 week pregrent water got broke at 7.00am . I called maternity helpline and informed them,first they said Peterborough maternity ward is full and they told me they will call be back ,and let me know where to send me .properbly Huntington.

But I didn't get any phone call till 7.20 ,so I called them back at 7.30 waiting on line for 15mins.they then said I have to take her to Nottingham city hospital. With water leaking all over I drove her to Nottingham,there was accident in A1 was closed ,so I took me 10.30 to reach Nottingham.very bad experience. Very worrying. Poor commucation. They didn't even offer ambulance, nearest hospital..they just like to avoid the reposiblity.

Response from Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

I am so sorry to read about your experience and I would like to discuss this with you. If you wished to contact me my email is lesley.crosby@pbh-tr.nhs.uk. Once again my apologies to you and your wife for having such a poor experience.

Response from Peterborough City Hospital

I am so sorry about you and your wifes experience and we would like to discuss this with you in more detail. If you feel able to contact me I would be grateful. My email is lesley.crosby@pbh-tr.nhs.uk

Once again my apologies