"My dad comes home with a smile on his face"

About: Stevenson Day Care (formerly Strand Day Services)

Stevenson day centre is excellent. I feel dad is well cared for and very much enjoys his day. Great variety of activities. He comes home with a smile on his face.

The environment is lovely - light, airy and welcoming! Definitely dementia friendly.

All staff we've had contact with have been excellent - very professional, friendly and caring. Dad is treated with respect and not talked down to.

Management of the service is again excellent. I work in leadership and management training and would say that standards of leadership and management are very high.

Response from Tony Fisher, Team Manager, North Ayrshire Council

Dear jnt11,

Please note my thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us regarding your fathers care experiences at the new Stevenson Day Centre in Largs.

As you will know, some significant consultation took place with the people we support, their families and professionals alike to ensure that we got the design just right for now and for the future.

I am pleased that the environment has worked out to be as positive as we had hoped for and I do agree that it is a very welcoming place for your father to visit.

I will make a point of passing on your positive comments to the staff at the service.

Once again, thank you for your comments.

Best Wishes