"Nurse practitioner who has forgotten how to be..."

About: Caterham Dene Hospital / Minor injuries unit

Went to the minor injuries clinic today 01/10/15 where my husband tried to tell the nurse practitioner of his worries about an injury to his ankle and was querying whether or not he needed a crutch support. She was very dismissive and patronising and when he explained he has autism so suffers with anxiety and this was causing him to worry more and she said 'well that won't effect your ankle'. Yes that is true but there was no empathy, no explanation to put his mind at ease. No compassion. Educate yourself and maybe you will be a better person never mind a better nurse.

Response from Caterham Dene Hospital

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about our services, and I am sorry to hear about your husbands recent experience at Caterham Dene Minor Injury Unit.

I would be grateful if you could please contact my colleague Beverley on Beverley.Sharp@firstcommunitysurrey-cic.nhs.uk or on 01737 775463 who will be happy to discuss this through with you and hopefully resolve this for future patients visiting our services.

If we are able to action a change from your comment, we will write back to you on Patient Opinion where this comment is also displayed.

Philip Greenhill, Chief Executive