"excellent care at an horrendous time"

About: Queen's Medical Centre

I firstly visited the unit due to a bleed and although I was referred from a&e the wait to see the doctor was hours, but they kept me informed and there is nothing they can do with only one doctor available. When seeing the doctor everything was explained to me fully and a scan appointment arranged for the next day.

On return for the scan all the staff were very professional and very helpful and caring, although it wasn't good news on the scan I was given plenty of time in a private room, we were supposed to see a doctor after the scan but due to the news I had received I just wanted to leave, another scan was arranged for a week later. However the following day I had major bleeding after being transferred again from a&e I was quickly seen, informed of all procedures and was made to feel very at ease. I had to make some decisions which were not rushed and fully explained

I would like to thank all the staff for making an horrendous time a little easier, and for also involving my partner, thanks again x

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for leaving this feedback, most especially at this difficult time. I’ll pass your feedback on to our teams for you. My thoughts are very much with you and your partner.

Kind regards,