"I had difficulties with anxiety ..."

About: Trafford General Hospital

I had difficulties with anxiety during my pregnancy, and went in to the maternity unit several times with panic attacks. The SHO was incredible, really took time to sit with me and talk things through, and made appropriate referrals. all the midwives were lovely, and didn't make me feel like I was wasting their time. The consultant and midwives at the ante-natal clinic were also amazing, and came up with a planned extension to my stay in hospital and medication post-natally.

I had a horrendous experience having my first child at another Manchester hospital, and Trafford was the antithesis of this. They definitely make you feel like an individual.

I am really disappointed to learn that the maternity ward is to close, as I think that the approach taken there is amazing.

Nothing.

Response from Trafford General Hospital

Many thanks for taking time to post your comments it is much appreciated when people take the trouble to give feedback. Your comments have been passed on to the appropriate staff within Maternity to share within their teams.

Should you require any further information, please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0161 746 2019.

Kind Regards