"Poor standard of care"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / General Medicine

My relative has been in this ward twice this year (2015) and i feel the communication between staff is horrific, still to find out whats wrong with her and she's been in a week! !

she can't walk and when ill can't use her hands on a number of occasions she was getting meals put down to her and was asking the 2 members of staff to help her with her food she got it cut up for her and then told to eat it with her fingers when she couldn't even hold anything so needless to say she got no food, then when she first got admitted into that ward they never put a night bag on her as she has a catheter in and ended up in pain because of this the standard of care I have seen on this ward is disgusting.

Can't believe this type of treatment go's on in this hospital. I've got a good mind to take this information to the paper's. Action needs to be taken on ward 3b

Dear cael,

I am sorry you feel this way about your relative’s care. We do not want anyone to be treated this way and would like to resolve any issues as quickly as possible, particularly if your relative is still in the ward or the hospital. Would you be willing to contact me at eunice.goodwin@aapct.scot.nhs.uk or phone me on 01563 826222 and let me know your relative’s name and date of birth please? The team will be able to look into this further for you in order to resolve it. You may also wish to discuss this with a senior manager and if so, I can arrange this for you.

Thank you for taking your time to share this with us.

Best wishes