"Pleased that mum has somewhere to go on a Friday"

About: Stevenson Day Care (formerly Strand Day Services)

I think my mum values both the physical and social aspects of her day care. She enjoys company.

The new building appears to be very suitable for purpose.

My mum talks about the staff being friendly and supportive. I think the interaction is important as she can get quite down when she has no company

As both my sister and I work full time we are very pleased that mum has somewhere to go on a Friday. It gives her week structure.

Improvements? ? ? Possibly a link into befriending services as I think home visits would also be useful

Response from Tony Fisher, Team Manager, North Ayrshire Council

Dear largs11,

Many thanks for taking the time to contact us to reflect on the services that your mum is experiencing from the new day service in Largs.

It is good to look at the positives that you have highlighted and it is equally satisfying to hear that you feel the design element of the building is fit for purpose.

You rightly point out that company and interaction play a significant part in what the people using the service get out of their time there and what outcomes are achieved.

Please also note my thanks for raising the point about the potential for implementing outreach/befriending services - these are both considerations for us along with the extension of the centres opening hours and we will keep you updated with developments in all of these areas.

Once again. many thanks for getting in touch.

Best Wishes