"Treatment - Organization !"

About: Heartlands Hospital

My wife was left in a corridor suffering for over 2 hours and so were several others.

This needs sorting out it was disgraceful.

It was only after 4 attempts speaking to medical professionals that she was given attention,

The doctor who rushed her into A+E told us that she had an hour to be seen before her condition got critical and she could die.

The initial ambulance took 1.15hrs to come and for her to be left in the corridor for an additional 2 hours was utter disgraceful.

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Emergency Department at Heartlands Hospital.

I am sorry that you and your wife experienced a long wait in the corridor whilst your wife was unwell, I can appreciate that this was a very worrying time for you both.

I would like to look into this in more detail and would be most appreciative if you could contact me on 0121 424 0808 or by email: marie.helebert@heartofengland.nhs.uk so that I may obtain some more information from you.

With regard to the ambulance waiting time; may I suggest that you contact the West Midlands Ambulance Service Patient Advice and Liaison Service who will be happy to investigate the waiting time for the ambulance? They can be contacted by telephone: 01384 246370 or by email: pals@ wmas.nhs.uk

I hope this information is helpful and I look forwarding to hearing from you at your convenience.

Marie Helebert

Response from Heartlands Hospital

Dear Anonymous

Marie Helebert