"Impressed by care and professionalism"

About: Monklands District General Hospital / Emergency department

Recently I was admitted to Monklands Hospital on an emergency basis.

From the paramedics who attended me initially and took me to hospital to all the people I came in contact with on my visit I was impressed by their caring professionalism throughout.

This includes A and E staff (thanks also to the politicians who saved it), cheerful porters who ferried me around when required, Ward staff in wards 6 and 9, consultants and radiographers. We have an excellent NHS in Scotland despite the attempts of the media to drip feed the public with bad news “supported” by selective statistics.

I'm tired of the constant denigration of the NHS in Scotland by this politically motivated organisation and will be taking the opportunity of writing to the local paper (Airdrie and Coatbridge Advertizer) to make the people of North Lanarkshire aware of what a great service Monklands provides to the Local community.

Response from Andrea Fyfe, Director of Hospital Services, Monklands Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear gerrydotp

Thank you for your message detailing your recent care at Monklands Hospital. All the staff in the A&E Department and the wards and departments you mention will be delighted to receive your message. The staff strive to always give the best possible care and I know they will be very grateful you have taken the time to send us your feedback. We wish you well in the future and I will ensure they receive your message of support.

With best wishes

Andrea Fyfe

• gerrydotp thinks this response is helpful