"Rapid Access TIA Clinic"

About: Sandwell General Hospital

I write on behalf of my mother who was seen in clinic the following day after referral from Birmingham Eye Clinic. My Mother was seen promptly, receiving a comprehensive assessment by the lead nurse who was not only a true professional & more than competent but also delightful & very reassuring.

The Dr's thorough consultation discounted a TIA & thankfully diagnosed my mothers underlying condition, drawing on other colleagues services & expert opinions at short notice.

We feel that he went way beyond his duty in order to get a timely confirmation of diagnosis & commence treatment to prevent my mother loosing her sight. For this we will always be truly grateful.

Having worked for the NHS for 37 years as a Registered General Nurse I am sadly only too well aware of how patients some times don't receive the care they require for various reasons, & on occasions with dire consequences.

Hence I think that it is so important to recognise when services get it right, in order that others can learn from them & improve.

My mother & I feel that the care she received was exceptional, due to the fact that the people she came into contact with were all deeply committed, caring health professionals.

Well done & Thank you

Response from Sandwell General Hospital

Hello Sandra, thank you for your kind words about our staff and the Rapid Access TIA Clinic. We pride ourselves on offering a high level of care and I am glad to hear that the staff in this department were able to offer your mother this. Thank you and I wish you well, Toby Lewis, Chief Executive.