"No interest in patient welfare and lack of..."

About: Royal Derby Hospital

Nursing staff on MAU and wards I was transferred to were unaware of my lack of mobility and fainting. I was told to walk to the bathroom when I could hardly stand and being alone in a tiled area would most likely result in a fall and injury. Health care assistants were concerned about my condition and repeatedly requested nurses to attend. Nursing staff did not answer these requests but when family members arrived they behaved in a completely different manner and attended to my needs immediately so as to look like they were doing their job and looking after me. One nurse was concerned when I shared my concerns with them. I witnessed this with other patients. It was disgraceful. I would not recommend this hospital to anyone. Dreadful and dangerous nursing. Health care assistants were first class however as was the renal ward.

Response from Royal Derby Hospital

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on the NHS Choices website detailing your recent admission to the Medical Assessment Unit (MAU) and Renal ward at the Royal Derby Hospital.

I was sorry to hear that you encountered difficulties during your admission and I can confirm that your comments have been shared with the senior staff for MAU and Renal, as well as your feedback about the Health Care Assistants.

If you would like specific feedback on your concerns, please contact the Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on 0800 783 7691 or by emailing dhft.contactpals@nhs.net.

Kind Regards, The PALS Team