"Haematology in patient experience"

About: Eastbourne District General Hospital

Very caring compassionate and above all competent staff on Pevensey ward. The team work very well together and this benefits all patients. Total commitment to nursing is obvious. All ward staff are cheerful but take their work very seriously at all times - something which is not always evident in some other local hospitals.

The Sister and her team along with my Dr now coordinate my care at a deeply difficult time in our lives and this fact alone after months of uncertainty has been hugely reassuring to my family.

On having to return briefly to A and E last weekend, the young ward doctor came to assess me promptly and then telephoned my home four hours later to check I was still ok: just one example of the consistent and thoughtful care I have experienced as a patient over several weeks.

Special measures? ... Would that all hospitals were this good!

Response from Eastbourne District General Hospital

Thank you for your posting on NHS Choices about the care you experienced (and continure to experience) from staff on Pevensey ward and A&E at Eastbourne DGH.

It's always very rewarding for staff to receive positive feedback, as this recognises their commitment to making sure every patient counts.

They will be pleased to read your comments, and know that their care and thoughtfulness, has been hugely reassurring for you and your family.

It was kind of you to take the time to provide feedback.