"System and processes need fixing urgently"

About: Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow

My partner was due to have his 2nd dose of infliximab at Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, was originally due 2 weeks ago but apparently there were not enough "resources" available.

No staff, no drug, departments not communicating with each other meant another cancellation. This drug is essential in getting his symptoms under control and improving his quality of life, it is just not good enough and the system and processes need fixed urgently.

How many other people are being denied drugs to improve their health due to lack of resources. I look forward to your response which will guide how I progress this complaint.

Dear glasgow0141,

I am really concerned to read this and would like to get this sorted for you and your husband as quickly as possible.

First of all, I would be grateful if you could contact me directly with some of your husband's personal details so that I can look specifically at what has happened here and get this resolved for your husband. My email address is lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk.

I am very sorry that your husband has experienced these issues in his treatment, and you are right to say that it is not good enough. I hope that together we can get a better understanding of what has gone wrong here and, as you say, address any underlying issues to make this a more positive experience going forward.

I hope to hear from you soon,

Best Wishes,