"Fantastic care"

About: Royal Bournemouth General Hospital / Accident and emergency

I was sent by by gp to AMU suffering with an svt, every member of staff I had contact with were brilliant even though they were clearly very busy they had time for me. When my condition took a turn for the worse they were very professional and reassured me and ensured I was ok. I had to spend a night on the ward and this fantastic care was continued even offered a cup of tea and biscuits during the night when I was unable to sleep. Thank you to all the staff on AMU.

Response from Sue Mellor, Patient Experience Lead, Royal Bournemouth & Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear EJH

Thank you for sharing about the experience you had while attending AMU. I am sorry to hear you have been unwell and hope you are now on the mend.

As you mentioned the department is very busy and thanks to the processes in places each member of staff can give the appropriate care and attention to their patients, even giving cups of tea and biscuits in the early hours.

I am pleased to hear the staff were very professional and able to reassure you when things took a turn for the worse and quickly resolve any problems.

It is uplifting to know that despite feeling unwell your stay was made better by the care from the nursing team and I will make sure the ward sister shares your comments with the rest of her team.

Regards

Sue Mellor

Head of Patient Engagement

Response from Royal Bournemouth General Hospital

Dear EJH

Regards Sue Mellor Head of Patient Engagement

• EJH thinks this response is helpful